Monday, May 3, 2010

Holding out for Hope

Today a friend came by with a much-needed hug and encouragement. She gave me a card that included the words:
"Life sends rain...Hope dances in the puddles until the sun comes out again." (Holly Gerth)
I absolutely LOVE this quote. It sings to my soul and reminds me of the cleansing power of rain.

So today I will put on my rainboots and lean hard into hope as we dance in the puddles...

Today's drops of hope:
563. My love choosing life.
564. Support.
565. Giggles from my daughter.
566. Imaginary airplane adventures with my pilot son. Today he took me to relaxation island.
567. The muffled footsteps of my children scurrying around upstairs when they are supposed to be in bed.
568. Childcare provisions. I am so blessed.
569. Homecooked meals.
570. The scent of rain - my all-time favourite smell.
571. A clean kitchen.
572. Worship music to lift my eyes to God.
573. Phone calls from loved ones.
574. Money to pay bills.
575. A quiet moment.
576. My bible study: Discerning the Voice of God The timing of this study is no coincidence. It is God.
577. Holding my husband's hand in church.
578. Baking chocolate chip cookies with my kids.
579. Cuddling my son to sleep (holding his five-year old hand in mine) and watching his eyes flutter off into dreamland. Peace.

holy experience

3 comments:

  1. beautiful quote...holding on to hope with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #566! So sweet. A clean kitchen sink was on my list this week, too! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could your son draw a map to relaxation island, sounds like somewhere I'd like to go.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn