Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vision of God

I have one of those vision boards up in my office hung above my computer, nestled a bit to the left.

I created it two years ago, after I made my decision to resign from my job to stay home with the kids. I wanted the board to be a visual reminder to live everyday with purpose, and to filter out the noise to make sure I kept my focus on what was really important.

My scissor's blades glided around words such as love, thankfulness, faith, laughter, living life intentionally, breathe, me time, spirit, good health. My ego filled in the white space with pasted images of toned body, financial freedom, sexy, tight abs and even a Disney vacation.

And I'd be lying if I told you these things aren't important to me anymore. But for all the words and images I have tacked up on a white canvas board, I realize that something someone is missing.

When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment is, He answered "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." (Matt 22:37).

God is missing from my vision board.

The same God who has held me up during times of trial, the same God who has blessed me with a man to call my own, the same God who gave me two angels on this earth, the very same God who I pray to each and every night.

The same God who knows my name and always has me in His vision.

His kind eyes never waver, get distracted or judge.

He sees my beauty when all I see are the blemishes. He sees my heart healing when all I see are broken pieces. He sees my strength when all I see are my weaknesses.

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness." (Matt 6:22-23)

God always sees the good. And by looking to Him, I will always see the good as well.

Thank you, Lord for sharing your vision with me today.

I see your beauty, healing and strength in me.























holy experience

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm pretty thankful for him tonight too. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! oh those reminders! they are so necessary.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn