Thursday, May 27, 2010

threading a button

Hi Friends,

You may have noticed I added a new button to my blog at the bottom of my page. Or, most likely you haven't noticed, because let's be real, I'm sure you have much more important things to pay attention to than a new button on my blog ;)

Anyways, I have joined HighCallingBlogs.com which describes themselves as "a network of personal websites focused specifically on the intersection of faith and work."

Since starting my blog, I've enjoyed wandering around the vast threads of the world wide web to discover inspirational writings, images and opinions about God's work in our world. I am growing tired and weary of all the negative media, including my morning paper's headlines of murders, horrors and mind-numbing materialism.

I know the world is a complex mix of intentions, realities and desperation...but I need to believe in God's plan for beauty, peace and joy. So I choose to seek it out.

So, back to this blog network I joined...I think it's a community that encourages deliberate, thoughtful reflection on God's presence in our lives. Which fits in nicely with my intention to relay everyday stories that inspire me to see God's work in everyday life.

5 comments:

  1. I like this: "I need to believe in God's plan for beauty, peace and joy. So I choose to seek it out." You'll find High Calling Blogs is a good place to seek out reminders of God's work in the world. And on the net.

    Welcome, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to High Calling!

    I'm seeking it out with you... with community. Beautiful, Sherri-Dawn!

    All's grace,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we do indeed encourage "deliberate, thoughtful reflection on God's presence in our lives."

    And I look forward to getting to know you better, as you share God's work in your everyday life!

    Welcome to High Calling Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri-Dawn,
    Again, welcome! I"m so glad you stopped by the book club today. I love what you say about writing. I feel the same way sometimes. The funny thing is, it's usually when I don't have a plan that I write my best stuff. We all know what that means...

    I just get out of the way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn