I am so selfish.
Not in an evil way, but I am definitely putting my needs, no, it's my wants, first. I LOVE this blog site and the freedom I have to write what is on my heart and soul. It's so liberating, creative, therapeutic...
addictive.
I wish you could see me right now. I am peering over my daughter's shoulder as she is standing on my lap hugging my neck tight, shifting positions, crawling all over my computer desk. She is cooing at the dog - calling her honey, smiling and chattering along. And my eyes are absolutely fixed on this screen. I WANT TO WRITE! And my daugher wants her mother. It's a battle of the wills. And we're both stubborn. I'm bigger - but she is definitely cuter. But what's that...could that be the theme song for Dora? Oh, it's captured my adorable, squirmy, blueberry stained mouth daughter's attention....which leaves me about five minutes to write before she comes down to play with mommy.
I just feel so called to write - to share my experiences. To form community with those who can relate with my struggles. Joys. Accomplisments. Sorrows. Through this blog, I hope to strengthen my faith and my connection to God. Tasting his word and craving more: "How sweet your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (Ps 119:103).
I'm addicted.
Ha! I love it! I know that scene all to well.
ReplyDelete