"Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me. Lying on the floor, where were you?" I love this song (You found me)by the Fray.
Insecurity is a beast that lives within me. I find it rears its ugly head when my life veers too much over the centre line and I am colliding with fatigue, frustration and a four-year old. In the wreckage everything gets murky. I am disoriented. Panicked. Scared. What if the weight of my own expectations, pride and fear crush me? Fear breeds panic, panic breeds fear.
"Lying on the floor, where were you? Where were you?" It's easy to feel abandoned by reason and faith when my eyes are closed.
But He never loses sight of me. "Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me." Unlike the song, God does bring me messages and letters in the form of my children, my friends and family, and even in something as simple as a warm breeze. God is not late. God has always been here. God is waiting. For me.
I am not alone. YOU found me, YOU found me. And in that, I can feel secure.
No comments:
Post a Comment