Monday, March 15, 2010

One of those days

Today was one of those days I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. So I did both. In the spirit of honesty, here are some of the challenges that I dealt with today...

  • waking up to a house that looked like a tornado had run through it. We were so busy this weekend, that there was no time to pick up and put away. So Monday morning began with picking up, stacking, folding, washing, wiping, clearing, brushing, shoving, scraping...and that was only the kitchen...
  • newly potty-trained daughter peeing on my back as she lay on me while watching tv (kinda funny now, but SO not funny at the time).
  • watching marbles fly everywhere when my son emptied his marbleworks box in the middle of the living room floor. Groaning because I knew that there was no way he was going to clean it up...

  • Watching poor husband negotiate (and silently cursing) the pendant light I brought back from my trip into the too-small socket in our kitchen for days. Tonight he proudly showed me it was finished. Happy sighs quickly displaced by the light circuit popping and the pendant come crashing down. (note: husband wants me to specify the light broke because it was faulty, not his workmanship ;)

  • Having said pendant light crash down on our sink faucet and breaking the seal. (Husband has temporarily fixed it...)

  • Feeling horribly guilty for my mommy temper-tantrums which resulted in my sore throat and tears from all of us.

  • Husband having a rotten day at the office. It really is tough to bounce back when both partners have a bad day.
Argh. Rough day in our house...but I know I have so many things to be thankful for. And here are some of my humble thanks:

425. A home that we "own" (of course the bank owns most of it, but you know what I mean)
426. Knowing that my biggest complaints are nothing more than bumps in the road.
427. Knowing that God is with me. It is a great comfort when I feel alone in this world.
428. Grandma's who are able (and want to) watch the kids.
429. Mini chocolate covered cheesecakes for days like today.
430. Good friends that I can just be myself with.
431. Having this blog to express myself.
432. Seeing great grandpa and grandma.
433. My health and my family's health.
434. A warm walk in the dog park with the kidlets, friend and dogs.
435. Sunshine streaming in my windows. Spring is almost here!
436. Cute clothes that are passed down to my daughter.
437. The song ALIVE AGAIN by Matt Maher. I'm literally breathing in this song.
438. Forming new friendships with God-loving women and their families (Claire, Meg, Amy, Leah, Steph...you girls are inspiring)
439. That my kids seem to put everything in perspective (when I am not mucking things up by trying to get them to fit into my schedule...)
440. My very breath.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a better day tomorrow - the light incident sounded especially frustrating, but the walk sounded really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww man, sounds like some frustrating moments! Yes, thank God they are just bumps in the road though, hey? love ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn