We have been facing some real challenges in our family over the past few months. The words that keep surfacing in my heart are
"Let go, Let God".
Lately my faith has been more of a pleading to my Father to deliver me from pain, anxiety, worry, anger, frustration, and loneliness. Isn't it predictable that when I am most needy, every waking thought (and my dreams) consist of pleads to God to restore? When times are good, I chat with God much more casually, thanking Him for His blessings at the end of the day; creating almost a feeling of entitlement.
I have to believe that this valley of darkness has a purpose, that this experience will refine me into a greater child of God. As Psalm 23 says, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me, your rod and staff, they comfort me." God's very words promise that I will make it
through this valley - and He will never leave my side.
What words give you a beacon of light in dark times?
"be still and know that I am God"
ReplyDeletei find in those darker places my mind is running, my heart is heavy, and i am run by emotions...when i am reminded to be still i find moments of peace. even in this valley time may you draw near, embrace it. i think our culture thinks we need to fix times like this, but there are seasons, these are inevitable. God's peace! thanks for posting.
1. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
ReplyDeleteAlso I was reading tonight that half of the psalms are 'winter' psalms, while only a third are 'summer' psalms. So you (we) are certainly not alone in these times - I often turn to the psalms for examples of how to really let it go to God - he's big, he can take all our emotions. Praying for you <3