Monday, November 30, 2009

The promise of Hope

The tiny specks, barely visible to my eyes, weave their way through the chilled air, seemingly knowing November has served its expiry notice. Tomorrow's sunrise will escort December into a landscape of newly fallen snow.

A fresh start to a new month.

I am reminded of this week's advent candle being lit with the promise of hope. As our Sunday reading said, 'hope is like a light shining in a dark place'.

Like today's snowfall, will hope bring a blanket of comfort? Or will it be stomped out by the masses? Or shoveled aside?

I know I could use the fresh start. A clean, white slate. In a way, today's fall marks tomorrow's hope.

I've fallen more times than I can count. I've fallen for empty promises, consumerism, pride, arrogance, selfishness and fault-laying.

But through it all, HE has promised to pick me up, heal my brokenness and hold me close.

His promise always remains. And it is in that promise that I place my hope.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful day to reflect on a beautiful promise :)

    Leah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn