Thursday, January 21, 2010

taken for granted

In light of the Haiti tragedy, I've been reflecting on the multitudes of gifts I have taken for granted. Today I offer my heartfelt thanks for:

351. The health of my family.
352. Clean water.
353. A home.
354. Fresh food.
355. Clean clothes.
356. Income.
357. My belief in God.
358. Prayers.
359. Transportation.
360. Doctors and specialists.
361. Pain relief medications.
362. Schools.
363. Showers.
364. Neighbours.
365. Heat.
366. Personal freedoms.
367. Governments to assist.
368. Oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, phone(s), computer(s), radio(s), television(s).
369. Cleaning supplies.
370. Bandages.
371. Waste disposal.
372. Books and crayons.
373. Smiles and giggles.
374. Beds and blankets.
375. Police.
376. Building codes.
377. Playtime.
378. My life.

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. amen.

    for me - particularly been thinking about how thankful I am that my kids still have their parents.

    My heart breaks for the hurt over there....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn