To say 2010 has been a tough year is a vast understatement.
I have witnessed first hand the destructive forces of the dark one - his seething, soul-thirsty hands wrapped tightly around my throat and around the one I love. I have shed salty tears, moaned in defeat and screamed in agony as my heart was squeezed so tightly that my pulse was but a mere tremor in the enemy's filthy hands. I woke trembling many late nights, filled with fear and devastation. I have felt the gaping chasm of loneliness, my own fears echoing loud in my heart. I have ached hard as I watched the disease take over the light in his eyes. I have barked toothless threats, only to roll over in defeat. It hurts.
Evil destroys. Breaks apart. Shatters hope.
It is during these excruciating times that I cling to God's word that I am His. And He will not let me go. In crisis, He is with Me...calling and shouting my name.
God sings me these words: (Alive Again by Matt Maher)
"I can see the light before I see the sunrise
You called and You shouted and broke through my deafness
You shattered my darkness and washed away my blindness
I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again"
And so for this night, when my heart aches, I will call and shout to GOD. I want YOU. I need YOU. And He will hold me close while I breathe in and breathe out. I am ALIVE with Christ. I am HIS.
a little speechless to comment! :)
ReplyDeleteSherri-Dawn: Will continue to pray for you friend that God shows you how close he holds you because you are right - you are his and that 2011 continues to draw you closer to him but that it is also an easier year in this.
ReplyDeletexoxo Leah