I feel God speaking to me, asking me to lean into Him a bit closer...He has something my heart needs to hear.
For too many years now, Christmas has devolved into an expensive quest to buy happiness - for me and for my loved ones. For me, gift giving was weighted down with my impossible expectations (IE: finding the perfect gift) and my heart was never able to fully accept the love that people were trying to gift me. Christmas became a tinseled, over-hyped blur of bows, gift tags, to-do's, and to-be's.
I was desperate for a Saviour to save me from my own jaded thinking. And as He promised, He has come.
He is talking. Listening. Nudging.
He has sent me friends to show me how to do things a bit differently. He speaks verses to my heart reminding me of His perfect
gift.

He has allowed me to live in His grace, rather than in a home-design magazine. He has tenderly pushed me out of my comfort zone...giving me a voice to sing to those who hunger for fellowship. He has given me His blood so that I may live, now I give my
blood so others can live. He has provided me with a home...so that I may bring His message of shelter and warmth to my less fortunate brothers and sisters. He reminds me of the starlit night where shepherds watched their flock with care, and invites me to stand watch with Him.
His words fill my heart and spill over into my home.
My children learn the language of the
Jesse Tree.
My son draws witness to the power of Saviour's birth.
And I witness God's never-ending love for me...
1021. Christmas caroling.
I can't even begin to explain how full my heart is after watching my kids sing Christmas carols with our wonderful friends. We got to share Christmas love with many kind souls including a beautiful 100 year old woman, a bed-ridden woman who still smiles hope and a lady whose tears spoke happiness. (thanks to Leah for making it happen) .
1022. New Christmas traditions.
1023. Invitation to a nativity walk in the crisp winter evening. I am really looking forward to this.
1024. Giving gifts to strangers.
1025. Being able to stay home, especially when my son is sick.
1026. Watching my son's permagrin while he plays hockey.
1027. Watching my daughter perform her dance routine at the local mall.
1028. Grandparents who love spending time with my kids.
1029. Softly lit rooms after a busy day.
1030. Cuddling close to my little boy when he feels sick.
1031. Bringing a new friend to church.
Join me in listing your thanks?

No comments:
Post a Comment