Monday, January 3, 2011

praise you in this storm

When times are difficult, I turn to worship music and the melodies that remind me of God's unfailing love. I continue to praise God - even in this storm, I can hear His whisper through the rain:

I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away. 

lyrics to Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

Counting the ways God's mercy falls on me:
1047. Last minute interventions.
1048. Children who model love.
1049. My parents' unconditional love and support.
1050. My family who is always there.
1051. Phone calls of support.
1052. Prayer warriors.
1053. God's promise.
1054. Honesty.
1055. Serenity.
1056. Watching my son score his hockey goal.
1057. Late (early, early morning) cuddles with my sick daughter.
1058. Son who loves to read the hockey scores and weather forecasts to me.
1059. Money to buy healthy food.
1060. A pastor who offers guidance and love.
1061. A book that fits my need.
1062. God signs.
1063. Angels who continue to protect my family from harm.
1064. Trusting that God will make things right if I surrender to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn