Monday, July 12, 2010

waves of grace

I made the rain come.

More accurately, I prayed for the rain to fall down on me.

God and I have an inside understanding about downpours.

He {of course} knows that a good dump of rain does wonders for getting my spirit out of the dumps. He's been pouring buckets, sheets and torrents into my life - and instead of running for cover - I close my eyes, raise my hands and drench myself in God's cleansing waters.
Photo credit: http://www.rocbike.com/tag/rain/
This week, I thank God for the waves of grace He's washed over me...

742. Real and HARD conversations.
743. Weekend retreat with a good friend and unedited words of truth.
743. The sound of Birch tree leaves rustling in the summer breeze.
744. A marriage proposal from my five-year old son. He is the King, and I am his Queen.
745. Listening to the kids sing happy birthday with all their hearts to their Lady Wanda.
746. Going from blonde to brunette. Change is good.
747. Soul-soothing music to fall asleep to every night.
748. Creases on my bible.
749. Details in the Fabric by Jason Mraz.
750. Skor chocolate bars.
751. Flickering candles in a dark room.
752. Planned camping trip with just my husband.
753. Cash flow.
754. My 100th post on this blog :)
755. Quiet spaces.
756. Comfortable silence between friends.
757. God's love for me.

holy experience

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week - I share your sentiments about rain and have really enjoyed hearing God's power in all the thunder this week too - and I had skor bar over chocolate ice cream - yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching. 742&3 especially. Unedited words by a friend taken in love is a hard thing to come by. Oh, and I'm waiting for my marriage proposal....I have 3 boys....the oldest is 4, I should get one out of the three of them. ;-) I love being a mom to boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam - thanks for visiting! No, I didn't take the photo, it's from a biking website.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn