This is the beginning of my 1000 gifts journey. Here are my own personal ground rules; each gift will be specific and I am not allowed to repeat gifts.
Monday is as good of a day to start as any. Here are the gifts that I recognized from God over the weekend and today:
- Watching my husband water the plants with our son - and realizing that it's the simple moments that count most.
- Waking up this morning to find my daughter's head nuzzled right into the crook of my arm and listening to her rhythmic breathing. There is so much peace to be seen in a sleeping child. What a reminder of peace God has given to me today!
- Watching my children devour the chocolate chip cookies we made this morning - even though the batch didn't turn out like I planned.
- Having a picnic lunch in the backyard with my two children.
- Hanging blankets out in the glorious sun to dry.
- Sunshine streaming through my office window.
- Children who love to eat vegetables.
- The ability to stay home with my children.
- Phone calls from Grandmas saying they want to have the grandchildren come over and play.
- The ability to express my love for God and all that He does for me.
- A fridge full of food.
- Fireside chats with my husband on a late summer night.
- Movies for my son while I get to blog ;)
- Honest conversations with Bevy.
- High countertops to keep my collie away from the food.
- Air conditioning during late summer heat (and during naptimes for little ones).
- Curbside chats with my momma.
- Hearing my dad's voice on the phone.
- Hugs from my son: the full, arms-wrapped-tight-around-your-neck, quiet breaths on your cheek, eyes squeezed shut kind of hugs.
- The subtle lisp of my son's s's as he talks to me in his excited little-boy voice.
- Praising God for keeping my friend's family safe.
- Getting to decide each day what the kids and I want to do.
- Random sighs from my son, followed by an unsolicited "I love you, mom"
- Kissing the warm cheeks of my daughter just moments after she wakes up from her nap.
- The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking first thing in the morning.
- That I found this kick-ass blog site. Now I can write all the time (Soooooo excited!)
(Photo credit: Suzanne Sagmeister)
No comments:
Post a Comment