Thursday, July 21, 2011

childish love

Feeling especially thankful for my kids today...

1284. Big, long-limbed son climbing into my lap.
1285. Giggling at my daughter's description of "mixed trails" (trail mix)
1286. Son's gap-toothed smile.
1287. Freshly bathed kids who smell like soap.
1288. Lop-sided pigtails in my daughter's hair.
1289. Book reading requests from my kids.
1290.Being silly with my son.
1291. Calling for mommy over and over and over :)
1292. Lego games with my son.
1293. Marvelling at six-year old son eating three chicken thighs, scoops of corn and five perogies, full glass of milk and a piece of peanut butter-honey toast. (and recalling how much I could eat as a child).
1294. "negotiating" time with my daughter.
1295. Daughter s-l-o-w-l-y eating her dinner at the table (one day, I'm sure, I'll miss this)
1296. Daughter asking me to cuddle her on the couch.
1297. Daughter slumped over heavy as she sleeps in her carseat.
1298.Daughter telling me that she loves me and that I love her back.
1299. Voice memos left by the kids on my phone.
1300.Daughter promising me that she'll love me forever and ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn