So I have to share this story...
Last weekend I was honoured to work as a volunteer at the Break Forth Canada conference. However, the long hours away from home for two evenings and then two more straight day and evening shifts weren't sitting well with my children.
My son was especially upset when he realized I wouldn't be at his soccer game on Saturday morning. "But mommy, you are always at my soccer games," pleaded my four-year old. "You nevvvvvver miss my games." I heavy-heartedly explained that I had to miss the game because mommy had to work. Ever the inquisitive little boy, he asked who I was working for.
I knelt down to look him straight in his blue-green eyes and whispered, "mommy is working for Jesus." He glanced away for a moment and stared outside the window. When he once again locked eyes with me he said, "okay mommy, I'll let you work with Jesus."
Out of the mouths of babes...
No comments:
Post a Comment