Monday, August 2, 2010

higher joy

Summer scents and fresh breezes carry my soul to higher joys...with thanksgiving, I count God's blessings:
791. Scrumptious, fresh, organic strawberries handpicked by the loves of my life. A little bit of sunshine to taste when the days get cold.

792. Visit with Grandpa and Grandma. Watching Grandpa playfully joke with our server at the restaurant. Admiring Grandma's witty comments.
793. Wrinkled hands, wringing hands and innocent hands holding tight during prayer.
794. The fresh air carrying the scent of adventure around the farm.
795. Homemade vegetable minestrone soup ready for tomorrow's crockpot.
796. Excitement to make my own jam (for the very first time!) and stock up on fresh, locally grown fruits and veggies at the Farmer's Market. Not because I have to, am guilted to, or should - but because I really want to!!
797. Knowing that I have great friends who are such positive influences on me.
798. Husband who does all the little things - because he wants to.
799. Children fast asleep after a perfect day.
800. Eight hundred already?? God is so GOOD!!!!!
801. Creating a birthday party for my son's Ted E. Bear. My son informed us that it was Ted's 6th birthday and we needed to celebrate. So we went to the backyard to have a bonfire and smores in Ted's honour. What a wonderful memory.
802. Plans to make some homemade pies. Meg and Leah -what have you done to me?? *grin*
803. Permission to feel and heal.
804. Interlocking ankles before drifting asleep beside my husband.
805. A grace-filled life.



holy experience

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely list! I join you in gratitude for yummy strawberries and for little boys that want to celebrate their teddy's bday with smores!
    I enjoyed visiting your blog today.
    blessings to you!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you've been having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title! I especially like #796 "Not because I have to, am guilted to, or should - but because I really want to!!" Such freedom. Love #804 too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this might be my favourite list of God's gifts to you yet :)
    I love the teddy birthday and all the hands joined in prayer - God is good!
    And I have the best strawberry rhubarb pie recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn