Monday, June 14, 2010

Just for one day

I had a wonderful day today. Not because of any particular thing happening, or place I went...it was because I felt an inner peace I haven't felt in....well, I can't really recall the last time I felt at peace. From the moment I woke up, my soul felt light and my outlook was carefree. I relished in the little moments, put the to-do list away, and was just 'here'.

For one day.

For a moment at a time, I wasn't held captive by my calendar, clock or concern. I let go of my rigid rules and let the kids feast on pickles, goldfish and homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I slipped out of dish duty and slipped on my runners for a crisp post-dinner 45 minute walk among the trees. Husband bathed our babies. I laid beside my son in his little boy bed as he listed over 30 of his favourite things. I watched my daughter sneak out of her bed to 'read' books to our dog.

And now I continue to count my blessings as I sip my green tea...

691. Grace-filled days: God's signature on my heart.
692. Watching my little man play baseball. My heart bursts with pride.
693. Watching husband coach our little boy on third base.
694. A tear-filled preschool graduation ceremony (how am I going to survive the kindergarten drop-off?!)695. The insistence of my son to draw a rocket ship for his Uncle Rob's birthday.
696. A hand-drawn birthday card for Auntie Kelsi (better late than never!)
697. The smell of homemade cookies baking in the oven.
698. New recipes.
699. Watching a tomato plant grow from seed and then being planted in the backyard by my boys.700. Family BBQs.
701. Bright blue skies.
702. Soothing music to fall asleep to.
703. Registering my daughter for dance lessons.
704. A husband who is honest.
705. Seeds of trust.
706. Watching daughter playing carefree in the field.707. Aprons wrapped around tiny bakers.
708. Sunset's warm rays casting a glow in my living room.
709. Contentment.
710. Children who want their mommy's cuddles.

holy experience

2 comments:

  1. yay on the peace!! What a gift!

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a perfect day. it's amazing what happens when we take away all expectations for a day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn