Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday's snow day

Today we received a huge mass of snow. A calendar filled with errands was whited out by a flurry of snowflakes.

Today I decided to slow down and absorb the promises of today. And I made some priceless memories while doing it...


little boy and little girl...

playing out in the snow

eating lunch while watching the snow fall

colouring stamps on each other while sipping hot chocolate (with marshmallows!)


checking to see if the snow is still falling (it was...)reading the story of Jesus' birth while little sister sleeps
Blowing out the reading candles

Drawing his version of the cookie recipe he wants to make

chocolate chip cookies (our favourite)

having fun with bubbles


little boy doing big-boy things


helping the neighbours shovel the excess snow

Dreaming of tomorrow's adventures (notice the book - 'when I get bigger'....)

And you know what? This is one of the best days I can remember. We had no plans, we just enjoyed each other. Mommy, little boy and little girl...and a lot of God.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn