Monday, June 13, 2011

pausing to notice

The rain falls its steady drops outside my bedroom window. It's late and the house is quiet, except for the occasional brushing of the blinds against the sage green walls.  I lie still under the white duvet, tucked in and waiting for sleep to take me over. My thoughts are heavy and my spirit weary, as I whisper thanks to my Father. I yawn loud and roll over to face the window. Cleansing rain lulls me to sleep, its sweet scent washing over my senses as I breathe the moment in deep...

Continuing my list of thanks...

1239. Healthy children - there seems to be so many children (and consequently, their parents) suffering. God be with them.
1240. Big grin on my son as he scores his soccer goals.
1241. Daughter who chats non-stop with me.  These times are precious.
1242. Husband who is patient with me.
1243. Letting down walls.
1244. New car smell.
1245. Clipping fresh parsley out of my garden.
1246. Going outside of my comfort zone.
1247. Reminders of nature's wild side.
1248. Dental coverage.
1249. Hearing my daughter sing herself to sleep.
1250. Emergency service workers.
1251. Children who want to snuggle.
1252. My mama's homemade macaroni salad. Mmmmmm...thank goodness for leftovers!
1253. Lint rollers (dog hair is everywhere!)
1254. An evening out with my cousin. Great conversation.
1255. Falling asleep to rain.
1256.The hum of the dishwasher.
1257. Charting my daughter's growth on the wall.
1258. My job.
1259. Reminders of what God wants me to work on.
1260. Walking my dog. Quiet time to think and say nothing.
1261. Answered prayers!

Join me in counting your blessings?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherri-Dawn; enjoyed your list today! All blessings, and so neat to see God at work in all His creation. ;-) I have some fresh parsley I should be clipping out of my garden, too. I had to move it from where it was last year to rework the whole garden and it's not doing too super in its new spot. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you fall asleep to the whisper of gratitude... this is the secret, i think, to waking in praise. beautiful, friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

the small print

My Tall Tales blog represents my own opinions and writings, unless otherwise noted. Please contact me if you would like to reproduce/distribute any postings by emailing me at sdma(at)telus(dot)net. Linking to my blog is welcome :) ~Sherri-Dawn