Soft stirs slowly settle me down into a rhythm that matches the fluttering fall of each God-breathed snowflake. All consuming, all trusting - my breathing matches the hallowed breaths that gently carry the specks of snow onto the drifts of white.
Soundless words are similarly placed on my heart - reminding me to be still and know that He is God...the God who created whiteness to sanctify the muddy, dirty browns; the God who refreshes my sight with blinding brilliance; the God who can take an insignificant piece of frozen water and create a landscape that muffles the cacophonous sounds of the rushed world; the God who peacefully lulls me into His embrace.
I watch the billowed skirts of the snow-ladden wind dance to its own howling song. Clouds swirl white while jigging and jagging on the frozen gable-topped roofs. I envision God's own fingers dipping down into the cold twilight to orchestrate the performance. The curves of my mouth turn heaven-ward as I beam a smile to my Father, thanking Him for His presence and love.
I am comforted by His reminders that He is always with me, eagerly waiting for me to open the gifts that He has created just for me. I unwrap His love with thanks:
983. Snowflakes falling down.
984. Winter white landscapes.
985. Soothing Christmas carols - including those sung by Sarah McLaughlin. Truly heaven-sent.
986. Home-cooked meals by my mom.
987. Breaking Free.
988. Steps to becoming well.
989. A daughter who believes me when I tell her she's beautiful.
990. A son who reads me the weather forecast every morning.
991. Waking up to a mountain view. Glory to God's creative wonder!
992. Watching my kids see the mountains for the first time.
993. Family weekend time honouring Grandpa and Grandma.
994. Hearing my daughter call him "Grandpa Great."
995. Watching my daughter's eyes flutter to sleep as I stroke her hair.
996. My five-year old son randomly asking me "how are you doing today?"
997. Husband who cuddles me in the dark night.
998. Feeling the spirit-filled urge to write.
999. Simple reminders of His love.
1000. A God who has never forsaken me. Who knows me by name and calls me His. Forever.
Join me in listing your thanks?
I'm also joining Emily and @ imperfect prose on Thursdays


i am comforted by this, the tranquility that blankets the ground. there seems to be a theme this week at imperfect--a theme of stillness. i think God is aching to bring peace to earth. beautiful post, friend.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful and I love your list of thanks. I need to do the same...turn my attention back to what's really important.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love the snow. I also loved the blessing list and the random question. Awesome. :)
ReplyDelete